‘I thought it was a scam,’ says driver slammed with $148 in DMV late penalties despite having proof she paid online | JM65G0E | 2024-02-10 08:08:01

New Photo - 'I thought it was a scam,' says driver slammed with $148 in DMV late penalties despite having proof she paid online | JM65G0E | 2024-02-10 08:08:01
'I thought it was a scam,' says driver slammed with $148 in DMV late penalties despite having proof she paid online | JM65G0E | 2024-02-10 08:08:01

Terri Brown of San Jose,

A DRIVER thought she was being scammed when she acquired an enormous late charge from the DMV regardless that she paid the whole lot on time.&

Terri Brown of San Jose, California, renewed her registration on-line with the DMV and even received a cost confirmation, however a letter appeared in the mail weeks later saying she owed $148. 

'I thought it was a scam,' says driver slammed with $148 in DMV late penalties despite having proof she paid online
'I thought it was a scam,' says driver slammed with $148 in DMV late penalties despite having proof she paid online
KGO
California's DMV fees 60% of the car license charge due that yr along with an extra $60 charge for late registration after 31 days[/caption]
'I thought it was a scam,' says driver slammed with $148 in DMV late penalties despite having proof she paid online
'I thought it was a scam,' says driver slammed with $148 in DMV late penalties despite having proof she paid online
KGO
Terri Brown was hit with charges not once, however twice, and was left in complete confusion[/caption]
'I thought it was a scam,' says driver slammed with $148 in DMV late penalties despite having proof she paid online
'I thought it was a scam,' says driver slammed with $148 in DMV late penalties despite having proof she paid online
KGO
The letter was so off-putting she was positive it needed to be a rip-off[/caption]

Brown was thrown off guard because she knew she paid for her registration and the stickers have been despatched to her house to show it.

"To be fairly trustworthy, I didn't consider it. I assumed it was a scam," Brown informed ABC affiliate KGO in the Bay Space.

The letter was so off-putting she was positive it needed to be a rip-off.& &

"I even took it to my mom. I stated, 'Mom, look how good these guys are getting at scamming,'" Brown stated.&

The DMV stated Brown's on-line cost did not go through and that's the reason she is receiving late fees.

It additionally informed Brown the only approach the late fees could possibly be paid had to be via a cashier's examine at an in-person DMV. 

She didn't need to trigger any more problem, so she paid the payment and hoped the mess can be over, yet when she renewed her registration on-line a second time the same factor occurred. 

The late payment the second time was even greater at $340.

Brown has lost hope within the system and referred to as it "damaged."

She believes that if the cost did not go through because the DMV stated, they need to have notified her sooner as an alternative of ready and permitting the charges to accumulate larger.&

"I had to go get a cashier's examine and go in individual to the DMV. And I assumed the difficulty was over," Brown stated.

"I simply couldn't consider that it was the same thing — acquired the successful cost acquired, my registration stickers.&

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

"And now I'm being charged this astronomical, you understand, late charge, which, like I stated, the system is broken.

"I can't imagine how a lot cash they're pulling in with these 60% penalties."

In accordance with California's DMV website, the longer you delay cost, the higher the penalty quantity will probably be.&

After 10 days of registration being paid late, the charge is 10% of the car license charge due for that yr plus $20 and after 30 days it's 20% plus $30.

If the registration is paid late after 31 days to at least one yr it's 60% of the car license charge due that yr along with an extra $60 payment.

"The Division of Motor Automobiles (DMV) doesn't supply a grace interval for paying your annual car registration fees," it stated on its website.&

"Remember to pay your renewal charges on or earlier than the expiration date proven on your present registration card, or DMV will charge penalties."

'I thought it was a scam,' says driver slammed with $148 in DMV late penalties despite having proof she paid online
'I thought it was a scam,' says driver slammed with $148 in DMV late penalties despite having proof she paid online
KGO

Brown was thrown off guard because she knew she paid for her registration and the stickers have been sent to her home to show it[/caption]

#thought #scam #says #driver #slammed #148 #dmv #late #penalties #despite #having #proof #paid #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Motors

More >> https://ift.tt/LNpfKzO Source: MAG NEWS

 

M&M MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com